Important Phone Numbers
Alberta Health Services
- Comprehensive School Health Explore the topics and discover resources to support healthy school communities.
- Healthy Parents, Healthy Children A practical guide to pregnancy and parenting, based on today’s best knowledge, evidence and best practices. It’s available as a print and online resource for expectant parents, parents of children under 6 years of age and health care providers.
- Ready or Not Alberta The Preconception Health initiative targets Albertan men and women aged 18-44 that are planning to become pregnant, and those with no plans to become pregnant at this time
- Screening for Life (Alberta Health Services) Access information from the Alberta Health Services’ organized population-based breast, cervical, and colorectal cancer screening programs.
- Sex Germs (Alberta Health Services) Information for adolescents and young adults about STIs, getting tested and where to get help.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health Program and service information on sexual and reproductive health services in your zone, health topics and resources by topic and related websites. Information on abortion services is available here.
- Aboriginalsexualhealth.ca (Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada) culturally safe and healing sexual health information for Aboriginal communities.
- Action Canada for Sexual Health and Rights provides resources and information on advocacy, education, services and international and national policy engagement.
- Alberta Teachers Association provides Alberta teachers with information, contacts and resources that can assist them in creating safe, caring and inclusive learning environments for LGBTQ students and staff.
- Camp fYrefly is the only national leadership retreat for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, two-spirited, intersexed, queer, questioning, and allied youth.
- MediaSmarts focuses on providing educational resources to help raise a media savvy generation.
- MyHealth Alberta is a site built by the Alberta Government and Alberta Health Services to give Albertans one place to go for health information they can trust. Health care experts across the province make sure the information is correct, up-to-date and written for people who live in Alberta.
- NeedHelpNow.ca This site is designed to provide information to youth who have been impacted by a sexual picture/video being shared by peers (sexting).
- PREVNet Canada’s authority on bullying. PREVNet is a national network of leading researchers and organizations, working together to stop bullying in Canada.
- Sexandu.ca (Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada) this is an excellent national website that provides guidance and advice to help individuals develop and maintain a healthy sexuality.
- SIECCAN (Sex Information and Education Council of Canada) (non-profit educational organization) provides current information, articles, research and legislation for professionals and the public.
- Questions & Answers: Sexual Education in Schools Produced by the Sex Information and Education Council of Canada (SEICCAN). This document answers many questions about sexual health education in schools.
- Questions & Answers: Sexual Orientation in Schools Produced by the Public Health Agency of Canada. This document answers to common questions about sexual orientation in schools.
- Questions & Answers: Gender Identity in Schools Produced by the Public Health Agency of Canada. This document answers to common questions about gender identity in schools.
- Talking About Sexuality in Calgary Communities (TASCC) provides a venue for Calgary area service providers working with high risk/street youth to access current resources and information that reflects best practice in sexual health education and promotion
- Trans Equality Society of Alberta (TESA) TESA’s mission is to be a witness to and a voice for matters concerning trans Albertans.
Alberta Health Services
Healthy Children and Families
Healthy Living, Population, Public and Indigenous Health
10101 Southport Rd. S.W.
Calgary, Alberta T2W 3N2