Family Beliefs & Values
It’s important to talk about what you believe about sexual health with your kids. You’re likely the most important person in your child’s life. Ask yourself:
- does your child know what you believe?
- have you talked about your values related to sexuality as a family?
When you do talk to your child, remember to:
- choose a quiet time when nobody is feeling rushed
- treat each other with respect (e.g., make sure your tone of voice is warm and respectful)
- listen closely to each other
- be honest
- share the reasons for the things you believe