Family Beliefs & Values
An important part of discussing sexual health with your child is sharing with them what you believe. You are an extremely important person in your child’s life. Ask yourself:
- Does your child actually know what you believe?
- Have you really discussed your values about sexuality as a family?
The following may give you some things to think and talk about as a family. When you have a discussion, remember to:
- choose a quiet time when nobody is feeling rushed
- treat each other with respect
- really listen to each other
- be honest
- share the reasons for the things you believe