Important Phone Numbers
General Health Information for Children, Youth, Adults and Families
- Healthy Parents, Healthy Children is a practical guide to pregnancy and parenting, based on today’s best knowledge, evidence and best practices. It’s available as a print and online resource for expectant parents, parents of children under 6 years of age and health care providers.
- Ready or Not is a preconception health initiative that targets Albertan men and women aged 18-44 that are planning to become pregnant and those with no plans to become pregnant at this time.
- Immunize Alberta- HPV is a website that answers common questions about the HPV vaccine, as well as all other childhood vaccines in Alberta.
- Sex & U provides information to help your child grow into a sexually healthy adult.
- MyHealth Alberta is a site built by the Alberta Government and Alberta Health Services to give Albertans one place to go for health information they can trust. Health care experts across the province make sure the information is correct, up-to-date and written for people who live in Alberta.
- Aboriginal Sexual Health website was established by the Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada’s (SOGC) Aboriginal Health Initiative to advance culturally safe health and healing.
- Connect Family and Abuse Network focuses on sexual abuse and abusive relationships. It is a Calgary-based resource, which provides support services for Albertans.
- Cyberbullying An Alberta Government resources that describe what cyberbullying is, tips to stop or prevent it and what the law says about cyberbullying.
- Homophobic Bullying An Alberta Government resource that provides parents with tips to prevent homophobic bullying.
- Transphobic Bullying An Alberta Government resource that describes what transphobic bullying is, who may experience it, and tips to stop or prevent it.
- Promoting Relationships & Eliminating Violence Network (PREVNET) Canada’s authority on bullying. PREVNet is a national network of leading researchers and organizations, working together to stop bullying in Canada.
- NeedHelpNow For youth who have been exploited through the sharing of sexual pictures or videos.
- Talking About Sexual Health in Canadian Communities (TASCC) is a sexual health resource for parents and services providers of high-risk youth and youth with disabilities.
- Questions & Answers: Sexual Health Education for Youth with Physical Disabilities Produced by the Public Health Agency of Canada. This document provides answers to common questions about sexual health education for youth with physical disabilities.
GSA/QSA Gay-Straight Alliances (GSA)/Queer-Straight Alliance (QSA)
- 10 Steps to creating a GSA in your school A resource for students provided by the Society for Safe and Caring Schools and Communities that outlines the steps needed to start a GSA.
- Starting a GSA or QSA in Your School- A Tip Sheet for Students An Alberta Government resources that provides students with tips to start and promote a GSA or QSA in their school.
- Questions & Answers: Sexual Orientation in Schools Produced by the Public Health Agency of Canada. This document answers to common questions about sexual orientation in schools.
- Questions & Answers: Gender Identity in Schools Produced by the Public Health Agency of Canada. This document provides answers to common questions about gender identity in schools.
- Camp Fyrefly is the only national leadership retreat for lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans-identified, two-spirited, intersexed, queer, questioning, and allied youth.
- Trans Equality Society of Alberta (TESA) TESA’s mission is to be a witness to and a voice for matters concerning trans Albertans.
Sexual Health Education
- Action Canada for Sexual Health and Rights Provides resources and information on advocacy, education, services and international and national policy engagement.
- Questions & Answers: Sexual Education in Schools Produced by the Sex Information and Education Council of Canada (SEICCAN). This document answers many questions about sexual health education in schools.
- Teens and Trends: Get the Facts on Teen Sexuality Information related to trends in teenage sexual behaviour, condom and contraception use, pregnancy, STIs, and HIV and AIDS.
- Sexgerms provides information for adolescents and young adults about STIs, getting tested and where to get help.
Links to resources outside of the TeachingSexualHealth.ca website are provided for information only and do not imply an endorsement of views, products, or services. Although our staff regularly reviews these links, we can’t be certain that they are 100% credible since their content can be changed at any time.